This topic can be found at:
http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/78192862/m/711104261

Wed 26 October 2005, 01:20 PM
216killa
Look here for your RE Code Questions !
i am from ohio
Wed 26 October 2005, 04:14 PM
ArmySniper
contact the local recruiter...our local NG recruiter just put in an RE4 (from the AF) and we are in Ohio.
Thu 27 October 2005, 06:35 PM
zamirst
hey,

i've been reading some of the posts and from what i have read, it seems i may actually find some help here.

here's the deal:

i have a re-entry code of 3p from the corps. until recently, i had no idea what that meant. when i was finally able to find a site with the details, i basically had a coronary.

the problem is this. since the date of my separation, i have wanted to re-enter service (back to the corps). how do i do this with this code?

i know one can petition the appeals board for an adjustment of codes, etc. on service records. but the time limitation is within 2 years of separation. something i also recently found out. so that option is closed to me (left geiger on 2/19/99).

the only other option i have been told i have is to talk to a ps recruiter because those guys can make things happen. i'm in the process of contacting one now.

in addition to that, i thought i would ask anyone on this site for any other options with which they may familiar. help!
Sat 29 October 2005, 11:39 PM
PO1Kalbach
z, can't give to much information because not alot was given to go by. RE3p ok, what was the 3 letter character of service? You know why you were discharged from the Marines, so it should not have been a shock. All Marines are counciled, for that fact all service members are counciled when they sign their DD214. Just a tad more info, can get you some answers. CPO Kalbach
Tue 01 November 2005, 08:02 AM
Hirsch
SOME QUICK TIPS FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE CONFUSED ABOUT YOU PRESENT STATUS. FIRSTLY, IF YOU ARE STILL ON YOUR FIRST EIGHT YEAR ENLISTMENT CONTRACT, AND HAVE BEEN DISCHARGED FROM ACTIVE OR RESERVE DUTY DUE TO SOME ISSUE, YOU HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN ASSIGNED TO THE US ARMY RESERVE IRR (INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVES). THIS IS LIKE THE PERSONNEL STORAGE DEPT. DEPENDING ON THE REASON YOU WERE RELEASED FROM DUTY (I.E.: OVERWT, MEDICAL DQ, UNSATISFACTORY PARTICIPATION, DRUG USE, ETC...) YOUR SEPARATION CODE, REASON FOR SEPARATION AND RE-CODE WILL APPEAR ON YOUR LATEST DD-214/ARMY; NGB-22/USARNG OR DISCHARGE STATEMENT FROM YOUR UNIT. COPIES OF DD-214 ARE LOCATED AT THE HUMAN RESOURCE COMMAND (HRC) NATIONAL TEAM ARCHIVES IN ST. LOUIS. COPIES OF YOUR NGB-22 WILL BE LOCATED AT YOUR STATE'S ARCHIVE DEPT. (ARNG IS A STATE OPERATED SERVICE, DIFFERENT FROM THE US ARMY WHICH IS FEDERAL). THE REDD REPORT WILL NOT ALWAYS SHOW THE BIG PICTURE, SO DON'T BECOME TOO BEWILDERED WHEN YOU DON'T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. THE REDD REPORT IS BASICALLY A REFERENCE TO VIEW ONE'S ASVAB SCORES. THERE IS ALSO WHAT'S CALLED A PERNET REPORT, WHICH DOES SHOW MORE INFO REGARDING AN INDIVIDUALS STATUS, HOWEVER, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAVING A COPY OF YOUR GOOD OLE’ DD-214 OR NGB-22.
PRIOR SERVICE PERSONNEL MUST UNDERSTAND THAT A SMOOTH RE-ENTRY BACK INTO THE SERVICE DEPENDS ON COMPLETENESS OF DOCUMENTATION IN ONE'S PACKET. THOSE MISSING DOCUMENTS WILL SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS. THE PROCESS ALSO DEPENDS ON HOW AMBITIOUS YOUR RECRUITER IS. YOUR RECRUITER MAY NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS EITHER. IN MOST CASES, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO MATERIALIZE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. THE JOB OF THE RECRUITER IS NOT TO GO ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE FOR INDIVIDUAL'S DOCUMENTS, ALTHOUGH MANY RECRUITERS MAY BE MORE CREATIVE AND EXPERIENCED THAN OTHERS.
I DO ASSIST SOLDIERS THAT HAVE ALREADY ETS'D OR ARE PRESENTLY ASSIGNED TO THE IRR, INTERESTED IN COMING BACK INTO THE RESERVES OR REGULAR ARMY.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE ASSISTANCE REGARDING THESE MATTERS, PLEASE CONTACT:
MR. ANTHONY HIRSCH
US ARMY CAREER COUNSELOR

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <uconndogg>,
Tue 01 November 2005, 04:34 PM
CleosDad
quote:
Just curious, what would happen if a person who was discharged from the navy with a RE4 during bootcamp tried to reenlist by lying? What I'm trying to say is, what if he was discharged from the navy with a re4 and then tried to enlist in the army and tells the recruiter that he was never in the military? How soon will it be before the recruiter finds out?

Want to go to prison for Fradulent Enlistment? Real bad idea you got there my friend.

Tue 01 November 2005, 04:50 PM
John_Hl
How fast do you want a prison uniform?? They would probably find out before you was through with MEPS!
Fri 04 November 2005, 04:54 PM
Yagermeister1
Right now I'm trying to reenlist intp into the Army as MOS 11B with re-3 and sep code FFT. I've been out for only 6 months. I've talked to my recruiter and he said nothing about me having to wait two years to get back into the Army. Although I've been reading about how people in a similar case like me have to wait two five ect years to reenlist. What I want to know is does my recruit just doesn't know the policy, or I can trully reenlist now. My recruit right now just told me to write a statement and get back my health records back from the VA office. I'm just in a little state of confussion right now so if someone can clear this up for me that would be great.
Fri 04 November 2005, 10:15 PM
slippy1775
I was given an RE4 code for fradulent Entry. i had a night time bladder problem and was told it was preexisting and i did not disclose it. The thing is my mother had MS at the time and I needed to get out to help her. So I fabricated the story. She has since passed and I feel awfull for abandoning my country. I was selfish and to all Vets I am sorry. I would like to make it up by reenlisting. Would it be wise to approach the Naval Board of Records with this? Would it make a difference? Would they cart me off to jail for lying in the first place? Someone please answer. thanks
Sat 05 November 2005, 09:16 AM
xexnavy
thats funny, there people like me tryin to cheat they way in the arm forces....in there people try too get kick out. if there was away to take sombody enlistment, that dont wanna be in the arm forces.. will ya re 4 take it?

" i know i will"
Sat 05 November 2005, 09:19 AM
xexnavy
quote:
Originally posted by 216killa:
i was wondering if i can join the army national guard because i got an re4 andsep code of hkq with an oth from the navy

dou have a drug code...and if depend what type of drug you got kick out for.. no hard core drugs, if u got kick for weed good chance u get a wavier
Mon 07 November 2005, 09:28 PM
airdef14
I got out of the army in 2003 I was SHORAD qualified. I got an RE code 4 but I have an honarable discharge. My SJC was a JFF " Secreterial Authority" can I join the Marines with a waiver.
Wed 09 November 2005, 03:19 AM
tomarbutus
quote:
Originally posted by ag1968:
Just curious, what would happen if a person who was discharged from the navy with a RE4 during bootcamp tried to reenlist by lying? What I'm trying to say is, what if he was discharged from the navy with a re4 and then tried to enlist in the army and tells the recruiter that he was never in the military? How soon will it be before the recruiter finds out?

I hope that is just purely hypothetical. It seems that such a potential recruit would have to change their identity before pulling such a stunt: the criminal background check would likely reveal same identity as in the previous application.

My advice for such a person would be to wait a long time before re-applying (years and then some). Then, with a fresh perspective, maturity, etc., a case might be made for a waiver without having to lie (i.e., joining entirely with honor).
Sat 12 November 2005, 05:08 PM
on my dd form 214 I have an air force re-code 2B
am I able to join any other branch...

duct_tape_00@yahoo.com
Sun 13 November 2005, 09:15 AM
To all in question. RE-3 codes are generally waiverable. RE-4 codes can be an issue, however, the matter depends on why that code was administered. Each Soldier's case is a project in itself. All I can say is, bring it on and let's have a go at it. Every great journey begins with the first step. The sooner we start moving on your case, the sooner you will know the obstacles ahead. I am a dept of Defense contractor working with USAREC. I will exhaust every possible avenue to help all of you with your problems. No Soldier turned away!
Please feel free to contact me 24/7 at:
Mr. Hirsch
(877) 246-9885
usarmycareers@earthlink.net
(To expedite matters, scan/send a copy of your DD-214, NGB-22, or letter of discharge with your request for assistance.)
Sun 13 November 2005, 09:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by airdef14:
I got out of the army in 2003 I was SHORAD qualified. I got an RE code 4 but I have an honarable discharge. My SJC was a JFF " Secreterial Authority" can I join the Marines with a waiver.

I highly doubt it. The Marines have some of the stricted req's for enlistment, not to mention re-enlistment! The ARNG or US Army would be your best option, if at all. It all depends on your particular case and the ambition level of your recruiter.

Mr Hirsch
US Army Career Counselor
(877)246-9885
Sun 13 November 2005, 10:00 AM
As of 20051100, according to AR 601-210, Soldiers with the following selected RE-codes are fully eligible for AR enlistment/assignment if last dicharge was from the RA.
(1) RE-1,RE-1A, RE-1B, RE-1C.
(2) RE-2, RE-2A, RE-2C, 3A, 3C.
(3) RE-3 if DD-Form 214/215 is annotated with separation authority, separation code and narrative reason for separation as follows:
(a) Separation Authority AR 635-200
(b) Separation code: KBK, KCC, KCF, KDM, KFV, KGH, JBK, JCC, JCR, JFV, LBK, LCC, LCR, LGH, MBK, MCC, MCF, MDM, MGH.
(c) Narrative reason for separation: Declination of continued service.

RE codes may be changed only if they are determined to be administratively incorrect. Applicants who have correct RE codes will be processed for a waiver at their request if otherwise qualified and waiver is authorized. No requirement to change RE code exists to qualify for enlistment. Only when there is evidence to support an incorrect RE code or when there administrative error will an applicant be advised to request a correction. Do not contact the Discharge Review Board or the Army Board for Correction to Military Records(ABCMR) when eligible to request a waiver. Request for a waiver action will automatically trigger an RE code review. Otherwise, when it appears that the RE code is incorrect, a US Army applicant may request correction by sending a written explanation, DD-214, and evidence to support claim to Cmdr, HRC - Alexandria, EPMD, 2461 Eisenhower Ave., VA. 22331-0451.
Prior service applicants, from other services, must contact their branch records custodian listed in para 3-20 of AR601-210, available on-line at http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r601_210.pdf.

Understand that Army Regulations are a living thing. Just as anything living, they are subject to change. There are also conditional exceptions. No regulation is necessarily enscribed in stone. Or else, the process could never grow. Whatever your case, unless the circumstances are entirely unwaiverable (i.e.: tested positive for a piss test), bring your case forward.

Feel free to contact me regarding any questions you may have.
Mr. Hirsch
US Army Career Counselor
(877) 246-9885
Sun 13 November 2005, 10:36 AM
Subject: Change to AR 601-210 RA and USAR Enlistment Program.
RESCINDED: "Other Than Honorable Discharge"
Pg. 41
para: 4-25 Nonwaiver disqualifying separations or discharges.
n.Last discharged or separated from a component of a US Armed Force, with other than honorable discharge(includes general discharge under honorable conditions).
Mon 14 November 2005, 02:29 PM
JHThunder
Well I do know my recruiter got the message. My packet just came back after working on it for six month's. Same reply. They said the narrative
reason was acceptable, just not the RE-code(4).Are there any recruiters with this type of
problem? I really hate to have all of my recruiters time spent on me get shot down like this. I mean at the time when we started back in
March(05) we had a greenlight. Can anyone help?
Becuase I just sent off another form 149 to the BCNR, to get my code changed.
Wed 16 November 2005, 02:17 PM
meatball21
im looking to get back into the military and my reentry code is 4 and my seperation code is kfs can i reenlist? i was RA, looking to join the gaurd...
Wed 16 November 2005, 04:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by uconndogg:
Folks, this is becoming quite a trend on the boards and I feel that this needs to be a highlighted topic.

PROFESSIONAL[LAW 51 JX JUDGE ADVOCATE]
DEMONSTRATION OF THE RULE OF LAW IN HUMANITY
[AIRFORCE GENERAL DISCUSSION,7360361@military.com]In the midst of the stones of fire ye walked, To behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple[Psalm 27:4]
My message:
Since the Rule of Law is very remarkable for what one would have called a just state.An objective set of rules which we all agree to accept even when they occassionally go against our inclination, is necessary for any ordered society. And one of the rules which is most reluctant to tamper,is the one which says that it is wrong to kill people.
[THE DUTY OF PROFESSIONAL, Psalm 1:2 says,"But his delight is in the Law of the LORD"
But defining of PROFESSIONAL LAW 51JX ROLE as being to preserve LIFE at all cost has been superceded by law.
As divers are sort in America, it is precisely that the law ought to work in a civilised society for prolonging of life. To accommodate individual circumstances without corrupting basic principles, is an absolutely sound of basis for a HUMANE SYSTEM OF JUSTICE. It has it roots in the ability of utilitranism.
In the sameway, following the RULE OF LAW in some circumstances, yeild up acceptable results of ordinances, is a role as PROFESSIONAL LAW 51JX that he might forgo his own personal impulses. In the end we are having the rules by nature for existence rather than Demolishing and Ruinous.
To interpret PROFESSIONAL LAW51JX obligations to relieve and rescue from terrors and destruction,we have to deal with a harrowing exceptions in the HUMANITY. It is perfectly right and proper order, according to the integrity of the "Word of the LORD". As itis written;"You shall not give any of your children to devote them by fire to Molech and profane the name of your God; I am the LORD.Who gives any of his children to molech shall be put to death"[Lev.18:21;20:2 r.s.v[ As a whole we are going for policies which makes the largest number of people happy and exist, but not a National Orgy.
In doing that, we are not challenging the soundness of the general rule, but simply accepting that LIFE doe not consist of principles but of the LAW of the LORD.["The Law of the LORD is perfect, converting the Soul" psalm 19:7. So I modify the PHILOSOPHY of LAW.
I am LORD AKWASIBANAHENE.

Many of the PS people seem confused about thier RE Codes or SJC codes.

For your answers, please follow these directions.

Go to WWW.About.com and type in Military RE Codes. Then you will find a list of all the branches of the service, click on your respective branch that you served. Once you have clicked that link, you are brought to another page, here you can read all about your service and RE codes. Off to the right hand side there are more links, one says something along the lines of Alphabetic SJN codes, this is also SJC codes like JMX or JTR. http://search.about.com/fullsearch.htm?terms=military%20re%20codes

You should be able to find all your answer here. Understand that most recruiters that come here are not here during duty hours, they are here on thier off time and don't have a set of regulations at thier homes. For us to get the answers we have to do searches ourselves at sites like about.com.

Now you have the intell, you can get that info for yourselves.

Thanks

Uconndogg

SSgt Tabury USAF Recruiter and Moderator
[/EMAIL][EMAIL]custservice@studytactics.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <uconndogg>,
Thu 17 November 2005, 12:02 AM
xexnavy
quote:
Originally posted by 8969557:
quote:
Originally posted by airdef14:
I got out of the navy in 2004 I was captin mast. I got an RE code 4 but I have an honarable discharge. My jkq " can I join the army with a waiver.

I highly doubt it. The Marines have some of the stricted req's for enlistment, not to mention re-enlistment! The ARNG or US Army would be your best option, if at all. It all depends on your particular case and the ambition level of your recruiter.

Mr Hirsch
US Army Career Counselor
(877)246-9885

Mon 21 November 2005, 07:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 8969557:
Subject: Change to AR 601-210 RA and USAR Enlistment Program.
RESCINDED: "Other Than Honorable Discharge"
Pg. 41
para: 4-25 Nonwaiver disqualifying separations or discharges.
n.Last discharged or separated from a component of a US Armed Force, with other than honorable discharge(includes general discharge under honorable conditions).

where does it state that the OTH disqualification was rescinded, just trying to get more info from what you posted
Mon 21 November 2005, 07:43 PM
Hello! I am trying to research some information for my stepdad. He is prior military and has just rejoined a couple of months back to the National Guard. Does anyone know of approved schools for earning your high school diploma or ged for the national gueards? Can life experience and prior military waive this?
Wed 23 November 2005, 06:25 AM
LucaWV
" And a message from the brass cam down thursday that the Army National Guard are not taking RE-4 no longer, but I was also told that changes like this happen all the time. but it referred to OTH (Other than honorable). If shed some light on this please let me know."

So are they or aren't they, to anyone who knows? I read different things, I've read that aren't a few times, and there's a post from the nynational guard saying they do?
I've been waiting for almost 6 months on military recrods so they could evealute them for meps so I can do the physical and apply for a waiver, finally have the records, as of yesterday, now I'm reading no more
re4s?...................
Sat 26 November 2005, 05:30 AM
my name is zacchary v metcalf i have tryed to reenlist but becuase of my re code 3 with jfm letter code i have been rejected to enlist i have been looking for a way back in i served four years in the army come out march 19 2004i went back in to continue fighting for what i beleave in
Tue 29 November 2005, 08:17 AM
breeze75
I started processing with the army. I had an re3p. I recieved my waiver. The next step was getting a moral waiver, at first they said no so I went and talked to the Navy. The Navy started processing me and I was waitning on a moral waiver. Well then the Army calls me and says I am approved. So I asked the Navy for a day to consider the Armys offer and they said yes. Later that night the Navy calls and says they don't want to work with me. So I enter into the Army DEP and I choose a job with a guaranteed duty station. The day I go to ship I am made aware that my duty station is only guaranteed for one year (they knew I thought it was guaranteed for the length of my contract) so I refuse to sign and didn't ship. Needless to say I would have never risked losing the Navy opportunity If i would have known what the Army was up to. I still want to join the Navy but everything is all messed up. The people down at meps don't want to work with me (egos). Should I go to a different MEPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Wed 30 November 2005, 10:17 PM
joeqpublix
Maybe someone here can tell me if they have ever seen an RE4 with a code of MBK (Expiration of Term of Service), along with an honorable discharge (no early out). I see this on my DD-214 and it is kind of strange. (got out in 2001)
Fri 02 December 2005, 05:58 PM
zamirst
breeze,

how did you go about getting that waiver? how long did it take, etc.? i have the same re code (for my situation, see above posts.).
Thu 08 December 2005, 01:21 PM
Jamesbetley854
quote:
Originally posted by Jamesbetley854:
I am well on my my way to reenlistment,my asvab score from my prior service in army reserve was/is gt 118, should i retest? Also i have two marijuana possession convictions from 1999,would this prevent me from air force/ang?
my re code is zz
thanx
jamesbetley854

Sat 10 December 2005, 01:37 PM
rob253up
I am thinking about Army OCS but I understand i need a security clearance. I have an re code 3 for not attending basic training in 1999 which I understand is good for enlisting provided i get a waiver. Anyway I was wondering if you knew how an re code 3 for not reporting to basic training would affect a security clearance. I have a spotless record otherwise.
Tue 13 December 2005, 10:43 AM
MANFRA
Rob did they send you to Fort Knox Kentucky for outprocessing for not showing up for Basic?

(Or any outprocessing station)
Sat 07 January 2006, 04:23 PM
dirtrunner
what about an re 3 seperation authority 635-200 chap5-13 jfx are my options to reenlist in the reserves army good
Sun 08 January 2006, 08:36 AM
dirtrunner
please responde
thank you
Mon 09 January 2006, 06:20 AM
dirtrunner
I know it hurry up and wait in the Army ,but with all the activity on this board I thought I would get a quicker response!!!
Please respond , I would be thankful
Mon 09 January 2006, 08:08 PM
ATTENTION ALL ARMY RE-4'S

I would like to put some information in the forum that I hope will be of assistance to any Army RE-4's hoping to enter the service. I am sorry to say there is no, and I mean absolutely no waiver available in any service whatsoever for RE-4's from the Army. Even the National Guard will only waiver Navy, Marine and possibly Air Force ineligible enlistment codes for those respective services. Unfortunately prior service Army is not so lucky. Your best bet if you have an RE-4 with a discharge of Honorable or under Honorable conditions is to apply to the Army Board of Correction of Military Records (ABMCR). It is best to consult with a veteran's organization, (I personally recommend the American Legion) to assist you in your case, provided that you have been released from the service for 3-5 years and have compiled an admirable record(college education, steady employment, no criminal activity, etc.) you stand a chance of changing the code. Also research the meaning of the three letter SPN code on your DD 214 to discover what the reenlistment code is currently assigned to your particular SPN. Changes are frequently made to such things and the ABCMR can change your reenlistment code if your SPN currently holds a different reenlistment code. Also read the regulations concerning your discharge, the ABCMR's duty is to correct error or injustice. If you can find a flaw in your discharge process that did not comply with regulations at the time than you may have your code changed as well.

In addition, if one possesses an OTH(other than honorable conditions), bad conduct, or dishonorable discharge, the RE code should not be a priority rather the issue of clemency is most important. It is advisiable that all those with an OTH discharge apply for to the Army Discharge Review Board after a 3-5 year period, also contingent on a good post service record and ask for an upgrade for the sake of clemency. Bad Conduct and Dishonorable discharges should do the same but can only apply to the ABCMR. I know that this may not be what some readers want to hear but it is the honest truth, an Army OTH, Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge has very little chance of having a reenlistment code overturned and should hope at best to be upgraded to a discharge under Honorable conditions with the reason being Secratarial Authority or for the Good of the Service.

Some may ask why I am posting all this information, I am doing so because for nearly 4 years I have been assisting individuals discharged from the Army upgrade discharges and have researched heavily concerning this matter. I am not a veteran's counselor, nor am I endorsed in any way but the United States Military or any veteran's organization whatsoever. I am simply a former Reservist and civilian legal clerk who believes everyone deserves a fair shake. Thank you. If you need any assistance I can be contacted at the e-mail elijio3@aol.com. Thank you.
Mon 16 January 2006, 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 7282819:
ATTENTION ALL ARMY RE-4'S

I would like to put some information in the forum that I hope will be of assistance to any Army RE-4's hoping to enter the service. I am sorry to say there is no, and I mean absolutely no waiver available in any service whatsoever for RE-4's from the Army. Even the National Guard will only waiver Navy, Marine and possibly Air Force ineligible enlistment codes for those respective services. Unfortunately prior service Army is not so lucky. Your best bet if you have an RE-4 with a discharge of Honorable or under Honorable conditions is to apply to the Army Board of Correction of Military Records (ABMCR). It is best to consult with a veteran's organization, (I personally recommend the American Legion) to assist you in your case, provided that you have been released from the service for 3-5 years and have compiled an admirable record(college education, steady employment, no criminal activity, etc.) you stand a chance of changing the code. Also research the meaning of the three letter SPN code on your DD 214 to discover what the reenlistment code is currently assigned to your particular SPN. Changes are frequently made to such things and the ABCMR can change your reenlistment code if your SPN currently holds a different reenlistment code. Also read the regulations concerning your discharge, the ABCMR's duty is to correct error or injustice. If you can find a flaw in your discharge process that did not comply with regulations at the time than you may have your code changed as well.

In addition, if one possesses an OTH(other than honorable conditions), bad conduct, or dishonorable discharge, the RE code should not be a priority rather the issue of clemency is most important. It is advisiable that all those with an OTH discharge apply for to the Army Discharge Review Board after a 3-5 year period, also contingent on a good post service record and ask for an upgrade for the sake of clemency. Bad Conduct and Dishonorable discharges should do the same but can only apply to the ABCMR. I know that this may not be what some readers want to hear but it is the honest truth, an Army OTH, Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge has very little chance of having a reenlistment code overturned and should hope at best to be upgraded to a discharge under Honorable conditions with the reason being Secratarial Authority or for the Good of the Service.

Some may ask why I am posting all this information, I am doing so because for nearly 4 years I have been assisting individuals discharged from the Army upgrade discharges and have researched heavily concerning this matter. I am not a veteran's counselor, nor am I endorsed in any way but the United States Military or any veteran's organization whatsoever. I am simply a former Reservist and civilian legal clerk who believes everyone deserves a fair shake. Thank you. If you need any assistance I can be contacted at the e-mail elijio3@aol.com. Thank you.

Mon 16 January 2006, 04:30 PM
I have a Air Force RE2B with General discharge for pot, I really would like to rejoin the army but am I able to? I failed the p test and it was an isolated incident. Any help would be great.
Thu 19 January 2006, 12:17 PM
ndillenback
quote:
Originally posted by dirtrunner:
I know it hurry up and wait in the Army ,but with all the activity on this board I thought I would get a quicker response!!!
Please respond , I would be thankful

ARNG - Waivers will be considered in cases where the applicants disability does not exceed 30%.

If the shoe fits... give it a try. Good Luck
Thu 19 January 2006, 03:42 PM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by armseals:
i want to join the army NG. i have an re code-1
why can i go back all i want is to go to iraq
i wrote the president of the us he wrote back
and told me to go to a recurter help me

I can help you.

Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Thu 19 January 2006, 03:47 PM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by 7152252:
my name is zacchary v metcalf i have tryed to reenlist but becuase of my re code 3 with jfm letter code i have been rejected to enlist i have been looking for a way back in i served four years in the army come out march 19 2004i went back in to continue fighting for what i beleave in

If you can prove that the condition you had prior to service no longer exists, you can prove to be eligible to request a waiver.

You are welcome to contact me regarding this matter.

MR. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Thu 19 January 2006, 04:01 PM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by rob253up:
I am thinking about Army OCS but I understand i need a security clearance. I have an re code 3 for not attending basic training in 1999 which I understand is good for enlisting provided i get a waiver. Anyway I was wondering if you knew how an re code 3 for not reporting to basic training would affect a security clearance. I have a spotless record otherwise.

You say that you received an RE-3 for not reporting for BT. It sounds like you got lucky. That is AWOL, not to mention the fact AWOL from your first assignment. I don't see many of these, but I do see AWOL while in BT or between BT and AIT, but they usually receive an RE-4.

Your priority should not be thinking about OCS and security clearance, however, getting your waiver to become eligible to re-enlist in the service. You need 90 college semester credits to be eligible to apply for OCS. If you don't have 90 semester hours, once you re-enlist, complete BT and AIT, you will receive your first duty assignment. The S-1 or/ S-3 at your unit should take care of submitting your security clearance(EPSQ), if required. It depends on your unit assignment.

you may contact me regarding this matter.

Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Fri 20 January 2006, 02:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 5823266:
I have a Air Force RE2B with General discharge for pot, I really would like to rejoin the army but am I able to? I failed the p test and it was an isolated incident. Any help would be great.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE.
Sat 21 January 2006, 09:01 PM
usarmycareers
As you may know, an RE-2B is considered ineligible to re-enlist into the US Army or US Army Reserves. You may want to take you DD-214 to a National Guard recruiter and see what they have to say. If I'm not mistaken, the National Guard does consider ineligible RE-codes with a character of service of General Discharge.
Sun 22 January 2006, 12:18 AM
mc11b
Could anyone shed some light on the possiblity of getting back into the National Guard or reserves with an RE 3 from the Army National Guard. I recieved it for missing a good amount of drills my final year while I was in the POlice academy. I was denied going into the IRR for that period. I had no other belemishes in my record. I also recieved a General (under honorable) discharge. Would that have any effect on me reenlisting also?
Mon 23 January 2006, 09:13 AM
usarmycareers
You should have no problem getting back into the ARNG with an RE-3 and General discharge. Go talk to a ARNG recruiter near you.

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Mon 23 January 2006, 09:48 AM
ndillenback
I am posting this in an attempt to reduce the RE Code/SPD Codes postings. This info is cuurent as of today, it may change, but probably not tommorrow.

I am speaking for the ARNG on a national level according to NGR 600-200, chapter 2, individual states may increase the standard but never detract from it. For example; NGR 600-200 says you are eligible for a waiver, but the state you live in does not want your crack smokin' *** in, regardless of what 12 step program you went to, you are not getting into that state. You can try another state or forget it.

1. Applicants with an RE-4 from the Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard are not eligible for enlistment into the ARNG. NO WAIVERS OR EXCEPTIONS ARE AUTHORIZED. the only exception is Prior service applicants discharged for failure to obtain US citizenship prior to completion of their MSO.

2. All other services - If you have an Honorable or General, Under Honorable Conditions and you were not discharged for one of the following reasons, A waiver can be approved by the Adjutant General or NGB.

Conscientious Objector
Court Martial
Drug Rehab failure
Pole Smokin'
Active Duty Retirement (thanks folks, but sorry)
Unsuitability

Any other narrative reasons will be considered.
If it was an OTH, BCD or dishonorable, don't ask, it ain't happening

3. Waivers can be a pain in the ***. Especially if the applicant doesn't want to do any work or drags his/her *** getting the required docs. Have your paperwork ready. At a minimum your DD-214 and another paperwork you were give at the time of discharge. If you got booted for passing the bong around or an alcohol related "incident", you are gonna need proof that you completed a rehab program. I don't know if a coin from AA counts, I am yet to process one of these.

4. Be prepared to do some leg work. Depending on the type of discharge you may need to chase down some references and reccommendations. The greater their stature in the community, the better. Mr. Congressman or Reverend Smith is much better than John the bartender. (Sorry John, but I still love you).

5. If it is a medical issue and you are receiving over 30% disability. Sorry, nope, it ain't happening.

6. Some have waiting periods of 6 months, some have 12. Exceptions to policy can be granted but not before 50% of the waiting period has elapsed.

Some final notes. If your recruiter says he can't help you, chances are good he can't. I am hard pressed to find a recruiter in the ARNG that couldn't use another enlistment. If you think that he's not working with you, find another recruiter or try another state. The recruiter may have a bad feeling about you. Don't show up drunk, stoned or with your dick hanging out. The recruiter is the first hurdle and his reputation depends on the soldiers he puts in. We put people into specific units and work closely with the CO's and 1SG's. There is little worse than a WTF from some commander to my NCOIC.

If you live in or want to move to Massachusetts, e-mail me at nat.dillenback@us.army.mil and I will work with you.

Now this part is gonna sting a little. 99.9% of the time, YOU are the reason you are not in right now. I understand their are a few exceptions, but they are rare. So if it doesn't go your way, I'm sorry. The National Guard is a great place for redemption, but we can't save everyone.
Mon 23 January 2006, 02:10 PM
mc11b
Thank you all for the responses. Gives me a little more hope on this situation. I thought things would have been more bleak.
Wed 25 January 2006, 11:25 AM
xexnavy
thanx for the info ndillenback.... i have a re 4 from the navy with a general under honorable
Big Grin
Wed 25 January 2006, 11:42 AM
ndillenback
quote:
Originally posted by xexnavy:
thanx for the info ndillenback.... i have a re 4 from the navy with a general under honorable
Big Grin

sounds like you will be good to hook. If you have any specific questions that aren't covered in this thread, don't be afraid to ask, Good luck. Check in with your recruiter. The mandatory wait times were just cut in half.
Thu 26 January 2006, 07:10 PM
xexnavy
yea my wait time is 2year but i have already did to 14 months ..... my recruiter said we start the paper work for THE NATIONAL GAURD IN APRIL in should be able to swearin about october
Sat 28 January 2006, 09:07 AM
usarmycareers
In regards to reenlistment, at the moment, don't worry about the RE-Code if you have an N/A. Your Sep Code "JFV" is for: "Physical Condition, not a Disability"
You will need a copy of your DD Form 4707
ENTRANCE PHYSICAL STANDARDS BOARD (EPSBD) PROCEEDINGS
http://www.army.mil/usapa/eforms/pdf/A4707.PDF
Depending on the disposition of your Medical Condition, you will have to complete the wait time, as stipulated in AR 601-210. Once you are eligible to apply for "Request for Waiver", you will need a recent Medical Evaluation regarding your condition.
Your request for waiver packet will include DD Forms 2807 & 2808, copy of all medical records and supporting information, a copy of USMEPCOM PCN 680ADP, and DD-214.
You are welcome to contact me direct regarding your case.

Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877)789-1091
Sat 28 January 2006, 03:46 PM
Mr. Hirsch,

I have the same separation code, with a RE3, and have waited the 2 years to apply for waiver. I am now in the process of the medical evaluation. Can you tell me, this additional paperwork that you state we will need, is it to be provided by me, or will the recruiter be the one to provide it? Thanks for your time.
Sun 29 January 2006, 09:17 AM
scudrusty
I was discharged from the Air Force with a honorable discharge and a re code of 2A. I am now trying to get into the Navy reserves. I was told by the Navy that I needed to get my code changed. The Navy recruiter I have will not help me out at all. I have written the Sec of the Air Force, and they will not change it due to it was not a mistake. I guess what I am asking is what can I do to get that waiver? I have also written the SEC of the navy as well.
Sun 29 January 2006, 01:00 PM
sfone
I just received in the mail that my RE-3R code has been changed to RE-1. It only took me abouot 7 months to have it changed. I was told that it could have taken up to 2yrs.
For all that want to try and get their codes changed go to the VA for help. They have the proper paper work that you will need.
Mon 30 January 2006, 02:15 AM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by sfone:
I just received in the mail that my RE-3R code has been changed to RE-1. It only took me abouot 7 months to have it changed. I was told that it could have taken up to 2yrs.
For all that want to try and get their codes changed go to the VA for help. They have the proper paper work that you will need.

Sfone,
What are your plans now that you have an RE-1?
I would appreciate if you could contact me at my email: usarmycareers@earthlink.net
I would like to ask you some questions about your RE-Code success story.

Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Mon 30 January 2006, 02:48 AM
ndillenback
quote:
yea my wait time is 2year but i have already did to 14 months ..... my recruiter said we start the paper work for THE NATIONAL GAURD IN APRIL in should be able to swearin about october

xexnavy,

The wait time was reduce by half about two weeks ago. Give your recruiter a call.
Mon 30 January 2006, 02:49 AM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by ajacobst:
quote:
Originally posted by 5836690:
Mr. Hirsch,

I have the same separation code, with a RE3, and have waited the 2 years to apply for waiver. I am now in the process of the medical evaluation. Can you tell me, this additional paperwork that you state we will need, is it to be provided by me, or will the recruiter be the one to provide it? Thanks for your time.

Does this medical evaluation take place at MEPS or can the evaluation be provided by a private doctor?

This goes out to all Prior Service soldiers issued a DD-214 with Narrative Reason for separation: Physical Condition, Not a Disability.
SPD Code: JFV (involuntary discharge) /or
SPD Code: KFV (voluntary discharge)

See: USAREC Reg 601-56; Pg. 15; Table 2-4
http://www.usarec.army.mil/im/formpub/REC_PUBS/R601_56.pdf
-Procedures for Assembling a Medical Waiver.
1.) SF 88 & 93 are now changed to
DD-Form 2807 (Medical Prescreening);By Recruiter
DD-Form 2808 (Medical Examination);By MEPS
3.) Copy of all medical reads (i.e.: DA Form 4707 and any pertinent medical evaluations, and your current medical evaluation to appeal previous condition that caused separation)
4.) DD-214; By Applicant
5.) USMEPCOM PCN 714ADP changed to 680ADP; By Recruiter
-For Medical Waiver Approval Authority, Routing, and Processing Time, see Pg. 13, table 2-1.

*Current medical evaluation may be performed by a licensed, qualified, recognized non-military doctor, NOT AT MEPS. Although it is not necessary, a favorable medical evaluation from a VA doctor may cause the acceptance process to move along quicker. However, the answer to the question is, "yes", a medical evaluation from a private doctor is acceptable.

If you would like my assistance, I can help you process your request for waiver.

For futher inquiries, please contact me direct at my email address: usarmycareers@earthlink.net

Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Mon 30 January 2006, 03:16 AM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by scudrusty:
I was discharged from the Air Force with a honorable discharge and a re code of 2A. I am now trying to get into the Navy reserves. I was told by the Navy that I needed to get my code changed. The Navy recruiter I have will not help me out at all. I have written the Sec of the Air Force, and they will not change it due to it was not a mistake. I guess what I am asking is what can I do to get that waiver? I have also written the SEC of the navy as well.

SCUDRUTY,

I would have to see your DD-214 to give you more information. You are welcome to scan/send to usarmycareers@earthlink.net
As far as getting your RE-Code changed, it will be very difficult via conventional means if the code was not issued in error, and you would have to prove that without a question of a doubt.
You could be eligible for renlistment into the US Army or USAR, depending on your SPD Code and Narrative Reason for Separation.

Please contact:
Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Mon 30 January 2006, 02:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ajacobst:
quote:
Originally posted by 5836690:
Mr. Hirsch,

Does this medical evaluation take place at MEPS or can the evaluation be provided by a private doctor?

Unfortunately, I will have to go through a private doctor, which presents another problem. I'm not able to find anyone willing to do this particular type of evaluation for less then $1000, and the offices I've spoken with will accept cash payment only for the eval. No insurance. I know I'm stretching it, but there's gotta be a more sensible method of going about the eval, isn't there? What if I went to the hospital on post????
Mon 30 January 2006, 02:43 PM
scudrusty
quote:
Originally posted by usarmycareers:
quote:

SCUDRUTY,

I would have to see your DD-214 to give you more information. You are welcome to scan/send to usarmycareers@earthlink.net
As far as getting your RE-Code changed, it will be very difficult via conventional means if the code was not issued in error, and you would have to prove that without a question of a doubt.
You could be eligible for renlistment into the US Army or USAR, depending on your SPD Code and Narrative Reason for Separation.

Please contact:
Mr. Anthony Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091

I understand that my code cant be changed, but how do I get the waiver? DO I go the same route as getting the code changed?
Mon 30 January 2006, 04:52 PM
usarmycareers
The hospital on post is the VA hospital. I mentioned to you that an evaluation from a military doctor may be more advantages.

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
US Army Recruiting Command
(877) 789-1091
Mon 30 January 2006, 05:11 PM
usarmycareers
SCRUDUSTY,

I am not a Navy/Air Force recruiter. I can't tell you the conditions or eligibility requirements to obtain a waiver to reenlist in the Navy. If you were shot down by your Navy recruiter, and he/she told you to change your codes, then you may not be eligible to reenlist in the Navy. I have not seen your DD-214. I can't guess this out.

I recruit for the US Army. If you were interested to join the US Army, I can tell you that an RE-2A is waiverable for reenlistment into the US Army. I have not seen your "SPD Codes" or your "Narrative Reason for Separation."
Questions:
1.) Based on your SPD Code, do you have a wait period before you can request a waiver?
2.) Do you have a remaining reserve obligation?
3.) Do you have documentation to support a request for waiver.
4.) What kind of waiver do you need?
Administrative, Moral, Medical, Hardship, Felony, Pregnancy?

You are asking a loaded question, "how do I get a waiver." I work on waivers everyday. I would need more information regarding your stats. You are welcome to scan/send your DD-214 to:

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091
Mon 30 January 2006, 06:09 PM
xexnavy
quote:
Originally posted by ndillenback:
quote:

xexnavy,

The wait time was reduce by half about two weeks ago. Give your recruiter a call.

dam thanks
Mon 30 January 2006, 06:17 PM
scudrusty
quote:
SCRUDUSTY,

I am not a Navy/Air Force recruiter. I can't tell you the conditions or eligibility requirements to obtain a waiver to reenlist in the Navy. If you were shot down by your Navy recruiter, and he/she told you to change your codes, then you may not be eligible to reenlist in the Navy. I have not seen your DD-214. I can't guess this out.

I recruit for the US Army. If you were interested to join the US Army, I can tell you that an RE-2A is waiverable for reenlistment into the US Army. I have not seen your "SPD Codes" or your "Narrative Reason for Separation."
Questions:
1.) Based on your SPD Code, do you have a wait period before you can request a waiver?
2.) Do you have a remaining reserve obligation?
3.) Do you have documentation to support a request for waiver.
4.) What kind of waiver do you need?
Administrative, Moral, Medical, Hardship, Felony, Pregnancy?

You are asking a loaded question, "how do I get a waiver." I work on waivers everyday. I would need more information regarding your stats. You are welcome to scan/send your DD-214 to:

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091

I had no idea how loaded that question would be....sorry about that. I will send the DD 214 to you tomorrow. I just looked, and I received a JBK seperation code from the Air Force. It wasnt that the navy recruiter turned me down, but rather mainly had me do this on my own.
Tue 31 January 2006, 03:12 PM
quote:
The hospital on post is the VA hospital. I mentioned to you that an evaluation from a military doctor may be more advantages.

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Career Advisor
(877) 789-1091

I'm going to go to the VA hospital this week, however from what I can find through my own research, I'm not eligible for service there. I've continued calling today, and nobody's doing these evaluations for anything less then $1000 or so. My God.
Wed 01 February 2006, 11:25 AM
usarmycareers
You may just have to shop around for other doctores.. That does seem very steep for an medical eval. I will check into how you could approach the VA to request an eval.
Sat 04 February 2006, 07:28 PM
Well, I'm sure that what I'll say here is nothing new but I will go ahead and ask anyways.
I was discharged from Naval service in October of 2003 with an RE-4/JFX Code "Under Honorable Conditions". I was found to be Bi-Polar, which is just another way of saying "we don't know why your unhappy" in my book. I think it was a combination of alot of things that led to that eventually happening, but not much of it matters now. The question is, would it be possible to re-enlist now? And if so, what sort of process/paperwork would I have to go through. Would I be able to go back to my old job or are Security Clearences out of the question after that? Thanks for any info ladies and gents.
Sun 05 February 2006, 05:29 AM
ndillenback
quote:
Originally posted by 9189023:
Well, I'm sure that what I'll say here is nothing new but I will go ahead and ask anyways.
I was discharged from Naval service in October of 2003 with an RE-4/JFX Code "Under Honorable Conditions". I was found to be Bi-Polar, which is just another way of saying "we don't know why your unhappy" in my book. I think it was a combination of alot of things that led to that eventually happening, but not much of it matters now. The question is, would it be possible to re-enlist now? And if so, what sort of process/paperwork would I have to go through. Would I be able to go back to my old job or are Security Clearences out of the question after that? Thanks for any info ladies and gents.

The Navy won't touch you with that RE code. The only service that will right now is the ARNG. To start the process you are going to need something from a shrink saying that you are no longer bi-polar. Then take that to a recruiter. be prepared to do some legwork.
Mon 06 February 2006, 12:24 PM
xexnavy
quote:
quote:
Big Grin

sounds like you will be good to hook. If you have any specific questions that aren't covered in this thread, don't be afraid to ask, Good luck. Check in with your recruiter. The mandatory wait times were just cut in half.

for two misdeanor can i still get into the military.. for destuction of property.
Mon 06 February 2006, 03:29 PM
usarmycareers
SFC Dillenback,

I see you address the ARNG related postings. I'm assigned to USAREC handling RC & AC contracts. I've been trying to help those prior service with RE-code questions and requests. I do process RE-3 waivers, and as you know the US Army is not accepting RE-4's. I have heard some great success stories about some really bad DD-214's falling through the cracks in some state's ARNG. Either those Soldiers were the lucky one's, or those states do take the dirty DD-214's. I'm trying to help guide as many as I can. They're just coming out of the woodworks, and I try to get back to everyone. I'm reading this regarding "wait time cut in half." I have been looking for a usarec message and can't find anything on this. Is this regarding the ARNG reenlist requirements only. Do you have any directives regarding a change to this reg? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Mon 06 February 2006, 05:52 PM
A138thDelta
Hello everyone. I am a 35 year old whom was given a class3 Medical/honorable around 1988. I am currently seeking re-enlistment and am following the procedures that my local recruiter has stated for me. I have already had the x-rays done and an evaluation as well. I am merely waiting for my full record pack from the archives to complete the first step and approach the recruiter for submission to the CMO.
Now on the other side of this is upon the approval of the CMO , I must take one more step and get a waiver for being a criminal. You see after I left the service the first time I was kinda angry and really stupid. I got in some trouble and got caught. Mind you there is nothing dangerous in what I did nor were drugs or anything of that nature involved. I did however do time in the Texas Penal system. Since the confinement I have kept perfectly clean and in fact been a Locksmith for 10 years in this state. Now accorcing to the local recruiter it is possible to get a waiver w/o to much trouble and be eligible for re-enlistment.
What I would like to know is just how much trouble this is? I am willing to goto any lengths neccesary in order to be where I feel I need to be; In the U.S. Army serving this great country. I understand that the waiver is a form to be filled out by 3 previous employers and 3 personal refferances. Now I have all this covered and its no issue. My references include police officers and other respectable people. What I am after is , just how likely is this to happen and how long does the overall process take? What exactly is the waiver proving and who makes the final decision on the waiver? My DD214 gives me a good re-enlistment code as long as the CMO calls me fit for duty.
Any help, advice, etc.. any of you may offer would be highly appreciated and welcome.
Thank You for your time and patience in reading this matter.
Mon 06 February 2006, 06:49 PM
usarmycareers
You have an RE-3 with criminal. You are going to need two waivers. A moral waiver and an RE-Code waiver. You have a long list of items that will need to be completed in order to properly prepare your request for waiver/s. If your packet is absent any one of these required documents, it will stop, without advisory. Your recruiter may not even get word that processing stopped. It is imperative that your packet be complete and meets all standards and requirements as stipulated in USAREC Regulation 601-56. See the following site:
Some of those documents include, and not limited to:
-DD-214
-DD Form 2808 (MEPS physical exam)
-DD Form 2807 (Medical Pre-Screening)
-Interview letter from the Rec Bn Cmdr/XO or other.
-SF 86.
-DD Form 1966.
-USAREC Form 680.
-USAREC Form 1104.
-USMEPCOM PCM 680
-Three USAREC Form 1118
-Three 369's(police check)
-All law related docs

You are welcome to contact me, for any further guidance, regarding this matter.

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Recruiting & Retention
USAREC
(877) 789-1091
(Send any docs or requests to "usarmycareers" due to firewall "@usarec.army.mil")
anthony.hirsch@usarec.army.mil
Mon 06 February 2006, 07:20 PM
usarmycareers
To all prior service seeking help to work with recruiters in efforts to request a waiver. Do not give up your ONLY set of military record documents!!!!!
Always, always, always keep your originals and make copies for who ever is helping you. All processing is scanned into the system anyway. There is no need for anyone to have your originals, let alone your only copy. Recruiters get side-tracked, and let it be known that prior service RE-Code waivers, and such, are not the high priority. Recruiters are on mission and must produce. Unfortunately, prior service Soldiers are not the recruiting mission. Waiver processing takes time and accuracy. The pertinent documents come from the prior service Soldiers, that don't have everything anyway. Don't give your recruiter some docs today, and some next week, and the balance a month later. You will fall by the waist-side. It's best to collect all your pertinent documents, then issue them as one submission to your recruiter, and or as stipulated in USAREC Regulation 601-56.
(some form numbers have changed, so make sure you know what documents you need)
The honest truth, since many recruiters don't have practice in running waivers, your recruiter may not be best informed what you need. Again, it is not the USAREC priority mission to run prior service waivers. Do your homework, and stay informed. Good luck

For any inquiries, contact:

Mr. Hirsch
(877) 789-1091
(anthony.hirsch@usarec.army.mil)
Mon 06 February 2006, 07:50 PM
A138thDelta
Thank you for all the info. A very interesting read of the provided link. I see many forms there that are required that I have yet to hear anything about. Is it true then that I must first get the Medical waiver before proceeding to the second part concerning the moral waiver? This is what the local recruiter has told me and why I am only persuing my records from the National Archives and have gotten new x-rays done per his instructions, as well as a request for my DD214 long form. These documents should arrive this week ( I hope) and I am anxious to make certain I get everything needed, before I present myself to the local recruiter here. Your help thus far is greatly appreciated.
Thank You for your time.
Mon 06 February 2006, 08:17 PM
usarmycareers
You can persue both waivers simultaneously. In fact, I recommend it. If you are over 40, you will be required to have an over-40 physical. If you don't, your packet will stop. These x-rays you speak of are only required on an over-40 phys, unless you were discharged for a medical chest-related condition. You will get x-rays on an over-40 phys.
Without understanding the dynamics of your case, I may be assuming to much. I don't want to see applicants get the run-around and waste time because they don't know the waiver requirements.
Good luck, and educate yourself. Any docs left out will stop the process.
Tue 07 February 2006, 03:23 AM
ndillenback
Mr. Hirsch,

NGR 600-200, Chapters 1-4, is our enlistment criteria. It was just updated in the middle of January with the reduced wait times (table 2-1 or 2-2?). I can shoot you a copy in PDF if needed.

We can't touch an OTH or below and some SPD Codes are untouchable, regardless of RE code. Plus PS do count towards mission, so we tend to be a little more helpful to the vet. In addition, we tend to have a few back or side doors that we can utilize.
Shoot me an email. nat.dillenback@us.army.mil if you need anything.
Tue 07 February 2006, 03:32 AM
ndillenback
quote:
quote:
quote:
Big Grin

for two misdeanor can i still get into the military.. for destuction of property.

Should be ok, although "DOP" contains a dollar ammount for classification. Please keep in mind I hear a lot of "couple o' traffic ticket" stories then I find out they sold dope to preschoolers and beat up their grandma. There is a bigger picture than just the crimes. Please read my rather lengthy post on RE-4 and if you fall into that category, gather up your stuff, to include court dockets, and call a recruiter. 1-800-go guard
Tue 07 February 2006, 03:38 AM
ndillenback
quote:

Check out the Army, Army Reserve or National Guard. ARNG has one year contract. Don't step on your dick in that year and you will walk out with an RE 1, on an NGB 22 (our version of the DD 214). It should fly. Who knows, you might like it.
Tue 07 February 2006, 02:30 PM
joebee23
In 2001 I joined the Army but was sent home 2 days before graduation for failure to adapt to military life. They were begging me to stay but I had too many things going on at home that I couldnt stay. I was let out on Uncharaterized discharge Chap 11. Seperation code JGA - Entry level performance and conduct with Reentry code 3. I was not causing trouble but simply not ready mentally. Now I want to join Air Force and I am ready and able but they told me no. How can I get this changed or a waiver because I really cant get over me quitting and I want to joing again to finish what I started. Any help?
Tue 07 February 2006, 02:39 PM
usarmycareers
I can't advise you regarding the Air Force reenlistment regulations, however, you are eligible to request a waiver to reenlist in the US Army.

Mr Hirsch
US Army Recruiting and Retention
(877) 789-1091
(anthony.hirsch@usarec.army.mil
Tue 07 February 2006, 04:31 PM
usarmycareers
IN SEARCH OF A PRIOR SERVICE SOLDIER:
HOLM, W.K.; E-3
PRIOR SERVICE / REG. AIR-FORCE
RE-2A, HONORABLE

Please contact me as soon as possible(See my contact below). We have to go over some required documents to process your waiver. I'm having difficulty finding your contact.

Thank you,

Mr. Hirsch
(877) 789-1091
(anthony.hirsch@usarec.army.mil)
Fri 10 February 2006, 09:16 PM
McLee
quote:
Originally posted by PriorArmy007:
I have been talking to a recruiter for the last 4 days. I was in a Army Reserve unit which was disbanded and the REDD report or whatever it was stated that my RE code was ZZ. What in the heck does that mean?

I have contacted NARA and to request all my paperwork that was in a fire some years ago will take aprox. 6 to 8 Months to process to completion.

Is there a faster way to go about getting all of that and to find out what exactly what my RE status is?

Jon B
What to server again for the needs of our country

My Re code was zzzz'd out too. My recruiter got the original discharge papers and there it said what my actuall re code was. He didn't know what the zzz meant and no one else could tell us. Maybe just a reserve and guard thing.
Sat 11 February 2006, 06:09 AM
ndillenback
Not an unusual occurance, although I don't know why it happens. Your DD 214 should list your RE code. I don't know why it would take 6-8 months. They may come back quicker if your recruiter does a SF 180 on you and requests them for you. I usually get them back in a month or two and even as little as a week. Your recruiter can try an RDMS Pull. You may still be in the system depending on when you were discharged.
Sat 11 February 2006, 02:42 PM
usarmycareers
A copy of your records can be obtained from HRC, St. Louis. (314) 592-0000

If you email me a brief summary of your story, I may be able to assist you.

Mr. Hirsch
USAREC
(877) 789-1091
/or: anthony.hirsch@us.army.mil
Wed 15 February 2006, 04:47 PM
scpd3045
I think we owe Mr. Hirsch a big thank you for his continuing efforts to help out whenever he can. He spends a lot of time on these boards and is a good representative of The Army. Stop by New York sometime Mr. Hirsch-I'm buying! Kevin McKeon.
Wed 15 February 2006, 05:37 PM
lazeye4
I believe that you are right, Mr. Hirsch has given out a great deal of information that I have use in my own research. Everytime I have contacted him he has alyways replied quickly with answers to my questions. I have reviewed alot of his posts and have found answers to questions that were bugging me. Thank you Mr. Hirsch for all the help.
Wed 15 February 2006, 05:46 PM
A138thDelta
Yeah Hes been a Huge help to me so far. HooAh !! I appreciate all Your help..
Thu 16 February 2006, 12:26 AM
usarmycareers
Your thanks are very much appreciated. God bless our Soldiers.
Fri 17 February 2006, 12:05 PM
is it in any way possoble to join the marine resurve with a sep. code of re4 from the navy???
Fri 17 February 2006, 12:19 PM
usarmycareers
I highly doubt it. Not without an upgrade, which is highly unlikely as well. If you don't have an "Other than Honorable" discharge, you may have a chance with the ARNG.

Mr. Hirsch
(877)789-1091
anthony.hirsch@usarec.army.mil
Fri 17 February 2006, 02:43 PM
usarmycareers
TO PRIOR SERVICE REENLISTMENT APPLICANTS:

Regarding your "REDD Response" report. Any code entries of ZZ or ZZZ is not a code of any substantial meaning. So, don't rack your brain trying to figure it out. Recruiting & Retention primarily utilizes a REDD Response to view an applicant's ASVAB test score in order to establish what MOS's they may qualify for. Applicants are welcome to retest for the ASVAB, in efforts to be eligible for a more desirable MOS. The most recent test results will set the precedent for the new scores. Applicants should retest only if they feel that they will get a better score. You can go to www.march2success.com to prepare for the ASVAB.

In regards to your eligibility codes to reenlist:
This information will be on your DD-214 or NGB22.
For Reservists that did not receive a DD-214, you will receive orders that should state your RE-Code, type of discharge, and separation code.

A Recruiter can pull all the necessary reports and information to establish your status. Don't worry that we can't find your level of eligibility.

If you are interested in going USAR (US Army Reserves), you will want to speak with an AGR Recruiter. If you are interested in going Regular Army, you will want to speak with a Regular (Active) Army Recruiter. Some stations may not have an AGR Recruiter. In this case, a Regular Army Recruiter is assigned to handle USAR reenlistments.

For any questions regarding this matter, you are welcome to contact me at the following:

Mr. Hirsch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usarmycareers,
Fri 17 February 2006, 02:49 PM
Tazmanian604
I applied for the USCG last year. I have a past medical history with alleged "Hypotyroidism", and because of that I have to get a medical waiver. I was able to demonstrate that I don't the illness, a medical waiver was granted for only for sixty days. I went to Boot Camp in Cape May, NJ in November, but I was separated four days after I got there with and RE-3E code because I didn't meet the weight standards.They said that as soon as lost the weigth I was able to go back into the service. I lost the weight,and much more, but my medical waiver expired, and my recruiter did not want to go for a second run with the waivers.
Now I wanna go with the US Navy, and I wonder: I have a RE code, and I might even be considered prior service with only four days, what can I do? Please let me know.
Fri 17 February 2006, 02:56 PM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by Tazmanian604:
I applied for the USCG last year. I have a past medical history with alleged "Hypotyroidism", and because of that I have to get a medical waiver. I was able to demonstrate that I don't the illness, a medical waiver was granted for only for sixty days. I went to Boot Camp in Cape May, NJ in November, but I was separated four days after I got there with and RE-3E code because I didn't meet the weight standards.They said that as soon as lost the weigth I was able to go back into the service. I lost the weight,and much more, but my medical waiver expired, and my recruiter did not want to go for a second run with the waivers.
Now I wanna go with the US Navy, and I wonder: I have a RE code, and I might even be considered prior service with only four days, what can I do? Please let me know.

You're considered prior service after completing 180 days active duty. If you want to go Navy, you will have to find a recruiter that will work with your case. You can always try for US Army!

Good luck.
Fri 17 February 2006, 06:44 PM
Tazmanian604
I was only on the service for only four days. How can I be considered prior service. They explain that I got the RE-3E code because I will be separated for more than 24hours, but I will be able to immediately reinstated as soon as fix my problem (in my case I had to lose five pounds.) I think is very unfair that they are making it so hard for me to join the military. My brother is a SGT with the Army, and feel very proud of him. I know I have what it takes to serve in the military.
Sun 19 February 2006, 02:20 AM
usarmycareers
Tazmanian604,

Being that a minimum of 180 days in service is considered prior service, you should not be considered prior service. Who says that you are?
And even if you are prior service, what's the problem?

Next: You say you presently meet Ht/Wt standards, right? You have an expired medical waiver for your previous medical condition, right? You have an RE-3E.
I can't speak for Navy recruitment eligibility codes and regulation, however, what exactly is the problem? The US Army will accept a request for waiver application with an RE-3E. The US Army is presently accepting OTH discharge as well. Documentation requirements depend on your Separation Code. I would need to see your DD-214 to make a better determination of your eligibility. If you are interested in the US Army, you may contact me directly at the following:

Mr. Hirsch
US Army Recruiting and Retention

Mon 20 February 2006, 09:07 PM
X_AFSOC
I'm interested in joining the ANG for Missouri.

I just dug out my DD-214 and realized I got a Separation Code of JKN and a RE code of 2B.

All of this for an on base DUI. Impecable military record other than that one mistake.

Is this going to keep me from enlisting at all? No waver allowed?

Thanks for any assistance.
Tue 21 February 2006, 11:03 AM
Tazmanian604
I enlisted with the USCG, and got discharged four days later with a RE-3E ("as soon as you fix your problem, you can come back", they said.)Am I considered prior service? The USCG did not work with for the second time. If I want to join another service, Do I need to get a waiver?
Tue 21 February 2006, 12:25 PM
usarmycareers
quote:
Originally posted by Tazmanian604:
I enlisted with the USCG, and got discharged four days later with a RE-3E ("as soon as you fix your problem, you can come back", they said.)Am I considered prior service? The USCG did not work with for the second time. If I want to join another service, Do I need to get a waiver?

You don't need to be hung up on prior-service or non-prior service. It is of no regard. You need to address why you were discharged. You quoted: ("as soon as you fix your problem, you can come back" WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM?

You may need two waivers. You will need an re-code waiver and possibly a waiver for the reason you were separated, whether it be medical, misconduct, etc..
You will not know until you have your DD-214 reviewed by a recruiter and explained the avenue of approach. You will be requiring a waiver to renlist in the service, if you meet all "request for waiver" eligibility requirements.

As I offered in the past, if you scan/send or mail me your DD-214, I will help shed some light on the matter. You will not learn anything unless you have someone explain it to you. Without viewing your DD-214, no one will have the answers for you.

Contact me at:
Mr. Hirsch

Tue 21 February 2006, 08:59 PM
I have recently had a wild hare up my arce to go back into the military. I was discharged from the ARMY with JFL RE Code 3 and I want to know what I need to do to get selected for USAF OTS. I am pushing 28 and I want to go Pilot. Can someone help? What are my chances. I know that this is waiverable but someone also mentioned I would need 2 waivers for Pilot. Please help. Thanks.