DTG: R 221919Z AUG 11
THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT BY THE PENTAGON TELECOMMUNICATIONS
CENTER ON BEHALF OF DA WASHINGTON DC//DAPE-HR//
SUBJECT: AUTHORIZATION TO WEAR THE UNIVERSAL CAMOUFLAGE
PATTERNED (UCP) FLAME RESISTANT (FR) ARMY COMBAT UNIFORMS (ACU)
(FR ACU) UPON REDEPLOYMENT.
REF DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY MESSAGE,
SUBJECT: ALARACT 093/2008,
SUBJECT: ARMY POLICY FOR COMBAT UNIFORMS ISSUED AS
ORGANIZATIONAL CLOTHING AND INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT (OCIE) TO
1. THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO AUTHORIZE SOLDIERS TO WEAR
UCP FR ACU'S UPON REDEPLOYMENT FOR DAY-TO-DAY GARRISON OPERATION
AND FIELD USE.
2. (U) REF PARA 3, AUTHORIZED SOLDIERS TO RETAIN UCP FR ACU'S
3. DEPLOYED SOLDIERS HAVE BEEN ISSUED UCP FR ACU'S AS OCIE
AND ARE PERMITTED TO RETAIN UCP FR ACU'S UPON REDEPLOYMENT.
4. THE ARMY'S INTENT IS TO ALLOW SOLDIERS TO UTILIZE
SERVICEABLE UCP FR ACU UNIFORMS (FR ACU'S AND UCP ACU'S PATTERN
DESIGN ARE THE SAME).
5. SOLDIERS ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZED THE WEAR OF UCP FR ACU'S FOR
ROUTINE GARRISON AND FIELD USE.
6. DIRECT EXCHANGE IS NOT AUTHORIZED AND THE ARMY WILL NOT
PROVIDE SUSTAINMENT OF FR ACU'S WORN UPON REDEPLOYMENT.
7. HQDA POC FOR UNIFORM WEAR POLICY IS SGM JAMES A. MCGRUDER,
JAMES.MCGRUDER@CONUS.ARMY.MIL , DSN 664-0665, (703) 604-0665.
8. EXPIRATION DATE CANNOT BE DETERMINED.
The only time I'll wear FRACU is when I'm doing pt that requires me to be in ACU. Otherwise, they look like garbage. Good to know though
Does this mean I can wear my multi cams in Garrison or just the Flame Resistent ACU pattern?
The message states the universal camouflage pattern, not multicam.
You are actually allowed to wear the multicam in CONUS, this is new and recently put out however we all know how the Army rolls and this probably hasn't made it to all levels yet. There are people in my WLC class that just got back from Afghanistan and were briefed that the multicam uniform is now authorized because by 2014 the entire Army will be wearing the uniform.
Been seeing a few soldiers wearing the multicam around Walter Reed. Haven't heard anything about them being authorized CONUS however.
Cool - that means I can wear the FRACUs until they turn that lovely greenish yellow color.
|Powered by Social Strata|