Any answers you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
1. Have green card, not citizen(cant apply directly for OCS)
2. After OSUT, and getting my citizenship, how early can i see myself submitting my OCS packet since I know that the CO's have to sign off on it and etc.
Thanks, im sure there are plenty of information I dont know.
|Highly Experienced Member|
We are working on trying to get the hotlink to the OCS website legalized but....
If you don't get an answer here you want to register and login to armyocs dot com and read their discussion forums about this and generally how OCS works.
|Motivation comes in all sizes.|
As ErichG2 has already alluded to, there is another site that you really need to check out if you have any interest in pursuing OCS ...
But to give you a general answer, it is totally dependent on your performance, your Chain of Command, the operational tempo (OPTEMPO), and the needs of the Army for Officers. Realistically, don't be surprised if it's 2-4 years from the day you ship to BCT to the day you get selected for OCS.
As an aside, here at Ft. Jackson, many non-citizen Trainees are now receiving the opportunity to earn their US citizenship whilst in Basic Combat Training. If you have a relatively clean background, you may have the opportunity, too.
"I don't mind falling down and scraping up my knees.
Scars and stitches always fade and only strengthen me." -Guster, Scars and Stitches
Also, MILPER 10-164 just came out and went into effect 23 JUNE 2010 tightens down the requirements to apply/be accepted. Among the changes are:
Age limit reduced to 35 by the time your packet arrives at HRC
No more (age, moral, TIS) waivers will be granted
No more Direct Select
All Candidates will compete for a branch on the OML
All applicants must meet requirements in both AR 40-501 *AND* 350-51
In short, the Army has reached or is near to reaching its junior officer requirement, so they can be and are being ultra-picky about who even gets a shot at a commission.
There are only two HRC Selection Boards tentatively scheduled for FY11: February 2011 and July 2011. Current selection rates are between 50-60%. Plan accordingly and have a Plan B/C/D in case OCS doesn't work out (non-selection, injury, drop for whatever reason)
I have 3 questions.
1. I have 11 years of TIS, but seven of those years were int the Army Reserve and the rest as an Active Army. What effect if any does this have for my OCS application?
2. Currently I am on Recruiting Duty and my tour ends on December 31, 2011. Will I still be elegible to submit my packet in February 2011 or do I have to wait for the July 2011 board?
3. My ETS is on January 18, 2012. Do I have to reenlist in order to go to OSC or will I be given seperate contratc upon graduating OCS?
Thanks for the clarification,
|Powered by Social Strata|