I was awarded a four scholarship as an incoming freshman and am currently contracted with my university. I have no problems with the ROTC program, but in fact I extremely dislike my university and already know of another school I would like to transfer into that also has a great ROTC program. This isn't a discussion on whether or not I should transfer I am already dead set so please do not try to convince me otherwise. I would just like to go about knowing how to transfer my scholarship to another University. I would ask my Cadre but I'm afraid the question would have bad implications since I would be unsure. Please only well informed answers.
CC Reg 145-1
2-11. Transfer of Scholarship Cadets.
a. Contracted scholarship Cadets (excluding Nurse, Green to Gold, GRFD and MJC 2+2) may transfer to a school other than the one awarding the scholarship provided that:
(1) The gaining institution has available scholarship funds in the appropriate mission set. If funds are not available at the gaining institution a transfer can still occur if the gaining brigade has funds available to cover the entire cost of tuition, fees and books.
(2) The transferring student will remain academically aligned (i.e. academic year group (freshman, sophomore, etc.) with corresponding military science year group (MSL I, II, etc.).
(3) The transfer results in no change in the academic discipline pursued by the Cadet, unless approved by proper authority.
(4) The transferring student receives approval from both the gaining and losing PMS. Scholarship Cadets must be informed that individuals who lose academic credit due to a transfer of schools will not be considered for extension of scholarship benefits.
(5) A request to transfer under above conditions is not required. If the schools cannot fund the transfer, a request to transfer must be worked at the Brigade level. If the Brigades cannot fund the transfer, a request with the Brigade commander’s endorsement can be submitted to HQ, USACC via e-mail to your appropriate Scholarship Program Management Representative.
(6) Transfer requests must be submitted to HQCC for consideration no later than 1 June for the Fall term and 1 December for the Spring term IAW procedures set forth in the CC Pam 145-1.
You need to see your HRA...
Thank you this was very informative and helpful. I will go see my HRA, thank you!
|Powered by Social Strata|